Why Join the Chamber?
All local businesses benefit from the work of the Chamber, but you have more opportunities for growth when you support our efforts by becoming a member. Being active in the Chamber yields greater benefits, for your business and your own growth as a professional.
- With you as a member, the Chamber can do more, and that helps all businesses, including yours.
- As a member, you'll have numerous opportunities to promote yourself and your business or service.
- As an involved member, you can further your own personal effectiveness.
- By taking advantage of member networking and leadership opportunities, you can increase your sphere of influence.
The Danville-Boyle County Chamber of Commerce does not receive tax money for any of our work. We are supported by the investment of our members and by our fundraisers.
Still not convinced the Chamber is right for you? Download this research study to find out more information about how the Chamber can impact your business.
Finding a good fit...
As a Chamber member, you have more ways to promote your business and show your best self. If you're not ready to take on the responsibilities of leading a committee, just attend a few of our events. You'll meet good people who make good things.
Danville-Boyle County Chamber of Commerce Health Insurance Plan (In Association with the St. Matthews Chamber Trade Association Plan) Anthem BlueCross BlueShield. The plan offers a group insurance program as a service to associated trade committee members with 2-99 employees. For more information and to obtain a free quote contact John Funkhouser at 859-236-5922 or email@example.com
Member Luncheons — After a brief introduction, new members have the opportunity to make a short presentation about their businesses to each other.
Business After Hours — A member company or institution hosts this monthly late afternoon reception to give all members the opportunity to reconnect and meet new people as they learn more about the host organization and facility.
Chamber Golf Tournament — An annual summer fund-raising event, the golf outing provides opportunities to socialize with other members and to market your business through sponsorships.
Annual Celebration — A celebration of the past year’s achievements, the Chamber's annual celebration is planned by our Young Professionals. It features a short program for the Chamber’s Annual Awards and an evening of fun and networking with music, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and a cash bar.
Getting the Word Out
As a member, you're automatically included in the Chamber's online Business Directory which includes up-to-date contact information and offers a free link to your business Website.
- A weekly e-bulletin announces Chamber programs and publishes announcements regarding member businesses. It is emailed to members and available to anyone.
- Danville Boyle County Magazine — This full color magazine presents the community to prospective residents and businesses through feature articles and photo spreads. Published annually by the Chamber, it includes an alphabetical member directory and a Business Guide that lists members by category with contact information and offers ad space at a reasonable fee; the publication is distributed throughout the year in relocation packets, as well as by many members and other economic development organizations.
- For Members Only — Members can reduce the cost of mailings to the entire membership by providing electronic flyers to the Chamber for distribution by email.
- Buy Local — Gift certificates purchased at the Chamber can be redeemed at any participating member business; a concurrent media campaign is designed to increase awareness of the economic multiplier effect when dollars are spent locally.
- Chamber Ambassadors — To help our board of directors take a proactive approach to serving members, volunteers visit new members and help involve them in events and orientation. They also assist with events like the Business After Hours and the Golf Tournament.
- Relocation Packets — Our staff responds to numerous inquiries about our community each year with packets of information, including Images of Danville. These include tourists, as well as people looking to relocate to our community.
Building Future Leaders
- Leadership Boyle County — This Chamber initiative offers a broad overview of the area’s organizations, institutions, and governmental entities during monthly day-long presentations and activities. Each class member becomes better prepared for leadership roles in the community. They receive an enhanced level of understanding of each subject, creative problem-solving challenges, and make new friends and networks through working as teams and meeting with community leaders.
- Youth Leadership — Based on the adult leadership framework, the Youth Leadership program reinforces an awareness of the importance of civic responsibility. Rising sophomores and juniors receive opportunities to develop an advanced level of leadership skills.
- Mentoring Programs — Partnering business with education has been strongly supported by the Chamber, which helps our schools identify the skills, training, and academic requirements that will be needed in the future by business and industry.
Opportunities for your own growth and development are available according to what challenges you accept. Your willingness to volunteer on behalf of your community often leads to new opportunities for developing your skills.
- Small Business Seminars and workshops — On topics related to business and personal effectiveness, these events are held in cooperation with the Kentucky Small Business Development Center and other organizations.
- Chamber Committees — Members are invited to serve on standing committees or with a special task force, matching their experience with current challenges.
- Business Leadership
- Governance (Public Policy Committee)
- Annual Celebration
- Workforce Development
Seizing the Advantage
- Boost Performance — Business-related and personal effectiveness topics are presented in cooperation with the Kentucky’s Small Business Development Center in Lexington.