Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Isaiah House Treatment Center
- Assessment of new intakes to determine medical conditions that may impact recovery, need for prescription medications, identification of existing or potential medical problems that the client may not have previously diagnosed (e.g. hypertension).
- Prescribing treatment for detoxification to include comfort measures, hydration, prescription medications as needed for severe symptoms.
- Management of chronic medical issues to include referral to appropriate medical care providers; maintaining and adjusting medications; obtaining appropriate diagnostic studies.
- Access and treat acute illnesses or injuries.
- Monitors the med room and manages staff.
- Monitor and evaluate medical progress and modifying treatment as needed.
- Collaboration with the therapeutic clinical team for medical intervention for mental/emotional health diagnosis.
- Education of clients and staff regarding disease processes and self-management of chronic conditions.
- Ensure that staff are current in CPR/First Aid and Communicable Diseases/Blood borne pathogens education as well as any medical related CEU’s.
- Initiation of policies/procedures related to medical processes and medication management; infection control;
- Participates as a therapeutic team member for staff and clients in appropriate counseling situations.
- Maintains relationships with local pharmacies, medical / dental care providers and medical facilities.
- Provides for appropriate screening of staff and clients such as TB skin testing or immunizations.
- Participate in all necessary staff meetings.
- Medical evaluation and treatment is guided by national standards of care established for specific illnesses or conditions.
- Be proficient on all Isaiah House rules policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical substance abuse background.
- Fill in as needed as requested by Chief Executive Officer / Medical Director
- Must have a minimum Master’s degree in Nursing and be a current APRN with 2 years in license
- Must possess a current valid and unrestricted license from the state of Kentucky Licensing Board.
- Prefer medical substance abuse background.
- Prefer experience working with various funding streams and ability to collaborate with our billing department.
- X-Waiver preferred.
- Experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
- Minimal 40 hours per week. To be determined by Chief Executive Officer / Medical Director